Civic Center Policy Board
Commissioner: Ms. Helen Casaus
Chairperson: Mr. Justin Howalt, City Manager
At Large: Mr. Danny Jariwala
At Large: Mr. Javier Molina
At Large: Ms. Sharesse Sawyer-Warfel
The board meets at the call of the chair or as designated by the City Commission.
To advise the Clovis City Commission regarding the management and operation of the Civic Center, and to recommend policies and procedures.
The Civic Center Policy Board membership shall consist of five (5) municipal residents appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Commission. The term of appointment is for three years. Members missing three consecutive meetings, or who have been absent from more than fifty percent of the meetings held during a twelve month period of time, may be removed by the Mayor and Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate and provide oversight for the operation and management of the Civic Center.
- To recommend to the Clovis City Commission written policies and procedures for the operation of the Civic Center.
- To recommend amendments, changes and modifications for the operation, management and policies of the Civic Center.
- To consider and make recommendations regarding the Civic Center facility, its appearance, construction and utilization.
- To hold public meetings directed by the City Commission on any issue relating to the Civic Center.
- To investigate and provide recommendations as directed by the City Commission.
- Make a semi-annual report to the City Commission regarding the management and operation of the Civic Center.