Recent weather events have brought awareness to the fact that we need to be prepared for any type of severe weather. Not only do we need to be prepared at home but we also need to have supplies at work and in our vehicles. I’m going to focus on vehicle preparedness today.
Here are some things to check on your vehicle when winter weather season starts:
- Antifreeze Levels
- Battery and Ignition System
- Exhaust System
- Fuel and Air Filters
- Heater and Defroster
- Lights and Flashing Hazard Lights
- Windshield Wiper Equipment – blades and washer fluid
- Tire Tread
Here are some items to have in your vehicle emergency kit:
- Windshield Scraper and Brush
- Battery Powered Radio
- Extra Batteries
- Snack Food
- Extra Hats, Socks, Mittens
- First Aid Kit with Pocket Knife
- Town Chain or Rope
- Kitty Litter (helps get traction if you are stuck)
- Emergency Flares (and matches if necessary)
- Fluorescent Distress Flag
- Jump Start Cables or Battery Pack
More information can be found at www.ready.gov/winter-weather. Stay safe and warm everyone!
Welcome to the new page for the Clovis/Curry County Emergency Management Office. Feel free to browse while we are constructing new pages and content.
If you have any questions, please contact us through the contact page.