Parks, Recreation & Beautification Committee
Contact: Mr. Mark Dayhoff 575-769-7870 firstname.lastname@example.org
Patsy Delk, Curry County resident
Gary Elliott, Commissioner
Justin Howalt, City Manager (Ex-officio)
Dale Fullerton, Clovis Municipal Schools (Ex-officio)
Juan Garza, Commissioner
Fidel Madrid, Commissioner (Chairman)
Tom Martin, Commissioner
Richard Trask, Representative from association utilizing parks
Carlos Molino Representative from Sports Association (changes annually)
Mark Dayhoff, Parks Director (Ex-officio)
Meetings scheduled the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at 321 Connelly.
To make recommendations to the City Commission regarding parks and recreation activities in the city.
The Committee shall consist of ten (10) members appointed by the mayor, with the consent of the city commission. There shall be four city commissioners, one from each district, four citizen members, one from each commissioner district and one resident of Curry County. The tenth member shall be a representative from a group that utilizes the parks and recreation services. The mayor, city manager or his designee, parks and recreation director and a representative from the Clovis Municipal Schools shall serve as ex-officio members and advisors to the committee. The terms of the non-commissioner committee members shall be two years and shall be staggered with two of the citizen member positions to have an initial term of one year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The administering of recreational programs and measures regarding public use of parks.
- Policies and fee structures for all park and recreation services and programs.
- The development of recreational areas, facilities, programs and improvement of recreational services.
- The adoption of standards on facilities, programs and financial resources.
- The coordination of city recreation services with the programs of other governmental agencies and voluntary organizations.
- Provide review and oversight of current and future recreational activities held at the Ned Houk Park.
- Oversight of the grazing leases at Ned Houk Park.
- The biannual preparation of the parks master plan, holding public meetings and obtaining public input in preparing the revisions to the plan.
- The identification of future recreational areas within the city.
- The coordination of the city beautification activities; including, but not limited to, Keep Clovis Beautiful, Keep America Beautiful, Tree City USA and Toss No Mas.
- The development, promotion and creation of sponsor programs and activities for the improvement and beautification of public and private property.
- Policies, plans and procedures, codes, resolutions, ordinances, rules and regulations of the city relating to cleanliness and beautification.