Economic Incentive Board
Contact: Mr. Justin Howalt 575-769-7828 email@example.com
Justin Howalt (City Manager – Chair)
Kyle Snider (District 1)
Mike Hamilton (District 2)
Linda Robles (District 3)
Raymond Mondragon (District 4)
John Gutierrez (Utility Provider)
Johnnie Jones (Bank/Finance/Accountant)
Megan Palla (Bank/Finance/Accountant)
Brian Harris (Industry Representative)
Brett Johnson (County)
Vince Tyson (CIDC)
Hoyt Pattison (Industry)
Dr. Becky Rowley, President CCC
Ernie Kos, Chamber of Commerce
Chase Gentry, CIDC
The EIB meets quarterly or at the call of the chair.
The EIB was created to make recommendations to the Clovis City Commission regarding economic development issues.
Members are appointed by the Clovis City Commission. Terms are for three years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise the city commission on matters relating to economic development issues and those specific tasks referred to the board by the city commission.
- Make recommendations on the expenditure of proceeds of the city economic development gross receipts tax and other incentives;
- Coordinate with other local and regional agencies to maximize economic development opportunities;
- Develop activities and procedures to maximize economic development opportunities;
- Coordinate and work with individuals, organizations, and insitituions in the pursuit of economic development projects;
- Advise on the implementation of the Local Economic Development Act and other programs and activities;
- Obtain information, analyze financial data and report to the Clovis city commission concerning any industrial, economic, commercial or business project requesting or applying for financial assistance from the city, whether same be for industrial revenue bond financing, the Local Economic Development Act, the Development Incentive Act, or other available source of financial assistance. Recommendations of the board are advisory only and are not binding on the city commission. Unless otherwise specified by ordinance or state law governing the procedures for evaluation, the procedures set forth in the ordinance codified in this chapter shall apply;
- Coordinate local, state, and federal programs, activities, and funding sources for economic development projects;
- Adopt policies and procedures for carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the board, which may include the delegation of duties and responsibilities to the Clovis Industrial Development Corporation or another agency. Any policies and procedures adopted in accordance with this section shall be subject to the approval and ratification of the city commission and shall not contradict the duties and responsibilities of the Economic Incentive Board.