Water Policy Advisory Committee
Contact: Commissioner Chris Bryant email@example.com
Chet Spear, County Commissioner
Chris Bryant, Commissioner, District 4
Fidel Madrid, Commissioner, District 3
Ladona Clayton, Commissioner, District 1
Vince Demaio, County
Justin Howalt, City Manager (Ex-Officio)
Sandra Taylor-Sawyer, Commissioner, District 2
City Engineer (Ex-Officio)
Meetings scheduled the second Tuesday of every month at 8:30 a.m. at 321 Connelly.
To advise and assist the city commission and the citizens of Clovis in the development and application of water conservation programs and principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster water conservation in the city and Curry County.
- Encourage water conservation activity by residents of the city and sponsor and conduct appropriate programs of publicity, education, coordination and activities as the committee deems necessary to enhance water conservation.
- Investigate, research and promote water related matters to enhance and sustain water availability.
- Establish both a short term and long term water policy recommendations for the city.
- Research, coordinate and advise the city on matters relating to the development of hte Ute Water Pipeline Project.
The committee shall be composed of nine voting members to be nominated by the mayor and, with the advice and consent of the commission, to be appointed by him. One member shall be a county commissioner, and four members shall be city commissioners, one from each district. The city manager and city engineer shall serve as ex-officio. Three citizen committee members shall be three (3) residents of the city and one citizen committee member shall be a resident of Curry County outside the city. All citizen members shall be appointed for terms of two years.