Public Works Committee
Contact: Mr. Clint Bunch 575-769-2376 email@example.com
Chris Bryant, Commissioner, District 4
Clint Bunch, Public Works Director
Lt. Roger Dial, Police Department
Gary Elliott, Commissioner, District 2
Tom Phelps, Interim City Manager
Russ Backoff, District 2
George Jones, District 1
John King, Clovis Municipal Schools
Cliff Kuchta, District 4
David Lansford, Mayor, District 1
Fidel Madrid, Commissioner, District 3
Clifford Martin Jr., District 3
Fourth Wednesday of each month at 8:30 A.M., Assembly room, Municipal building and, one. Commissioner from each district, one citizen from each district. Citizens serve two year terms.
Advise and assist the city commission in the development and application of policies and programs relating to sanitary sewer, wastewater treatment, solid waste, streets and water conservation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate policies, plans, procedures, codes, resolutions, ordinances and rules and regulations of the city relating to those topics referred under purpose of the committee.
- Take action necessary to obtain from citizens, expert consultants, commissions and boards, comprehensive comments and recommendations relative to those topics referred to in subsection A of this section.
- Make reports to the city commission of the activities of the committee and recommendations of the committee.
- Investigate, research, review and provide recommendations as directed by the city commission.
The committee shall consist of the following members:
- One commissioner from each commission district, appointed by the mayor with the advice and consent of the city commission.
- The city manager
- The city engineer
- The public works director
- Four members of the public – one from each district
- Division heads with the public works department shall serve as ex-officio members.
Public member shall serve a term of two years, which shall be staggered.